Register Your Orchard
Do you have an orchard outside of Portland that produces lots of extra fruit?
Need help harvesting? Want to donate the fruit to families in need?
Portland Fruit Tree Project makes it easy!
Register your orchard here or read on below for more information. If you'd prefer you can download and print a PDF version of the registration form.
If your trees are located inside the City of Portland, please register here.
Donate Your Excess Fruit to Food Banks
Portland Fruit Tree Project (PFTP) is seeking large orchards outside the City of Portland interested in sharing excess fruit with those in need in their community.
How You Benefit
- Free and easy help removing and donating extra fruit
- Reduced risk from diseased or pest-ridden fruit
- Tax-deductible donation receipt
- Satisfaction that the fruit you donate increases food equity in your community
- Publicity for your farm through PFTP social media
How We Make It Easy
- We coordinate the harvest and donation
- We provide all the tools, volunteers, and enthusiasm
- We make it safe and liability free with
- Training of proper harvesting techniques
- General Liability Coverage
- Volunteer Liability Waivers
What Other Orchard Owners Have To Say
“We consider PFTP’s efforts most beneficial. They assist with removal of fruit that would otherwise simply rot on the tree; moreover they satisfy our spirit of being community minded. Wonderful concept! “
– John Stuart, Abbey Road Farm, Carlton, OR
“It was really satisfying for us to see the fruit going to those who appreciate it. PFTP staff is great to work with. “
– Ken Newman, Pine Grove Orchard, Hood River, OR
In the past 6 years we have:
- donated 250,000+ lbs. of fresh fruit to local food banks
- made a difference for more than 40,000 individuals in need
- engaged 3,800 unique volunteers in the harvest
In 2016, with your participation, we hope to see those numbers grow!
Click here for our "Large Orchard Harvest Criteria"
If you are interested in donating fruit from your orchard, please register here.
Questions? Contact April Jamison, Orchard Programs Coordinator. Call 503-284-6106 or email april[at]portlandfruit.orgwith “Orchard Owner Interest” in the subject line.
For more information about Portland Fruit Tree Project, please visit our website: http://portlandfruit.org
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. We have general liability coverage, we provide appropriate receipts for all qualified donations, and all volunteers sign waivers of liability.